iENSO announces the launch of Allwinner V3 SOC-based platform ecosystem for off-the-shelf integration of video-related embedded vision applications
Toronto, ON – iENSO, a leading provider of embedded vision systems, announced today the launch of the Allwinner V3 system-on-module platform ecosystem for video-related applications.
Exceptional System-on-Module Performance
- The iENSO iSOM-AWV3 SOM (system-on-module) delivers exceptional performance, featuring the Allwinner V3 system-on-chip (SOC), with integrated ISP for image correction and 1080p60fps, an H.264 video engine, enabling up to 8MP image and multi-format video encoding, decoding and display.
Off-the-Shelf Modular Platform Ecosystem
- Pre-tuned with iENSO MIPI sensor modules from market-leading brands such as Sony, ON Semiconductors, OmniVision and Silicon Optronics, and ranging from 720p to 4K resolution, this iSOM-AWV3 platform accelerates the design process for companies who are looking for an off-the-shelf embedded vision system for their video-related product applications.
- Validated with iENSO wireless connectivity modules, powered by Quectel, the platform offers cellular coverage around the globe for IoT-connected vision systems.
Robust, Cost-effective, Guaranteed Supply
- This compact platform uses an industry-standard interface for robust and cost-effective integration into embedded vision and IoT systems.
- When combined with iENSO’s IP and more than 15 years of proven embedded vision system experience, our iSOM-AWV3 SOM platform is meant to help our customers with reduced cost, accelerated design process and optimized integration paths, reliable production, and lifetime supply.
“Our Allwinner SOM ecosystem offers powerful embedded processing to companies designing video-enabled embedded vision products.” says iENSO CTO Stelio Derventzis. “When combined with iENSO’s extensive integration experience, this new SOM ecosystem can be leveraged to reduce costs, risks and design time in markets such as home robotics & automation, security & surveillance, as well as autonomous vehicles.”
Allwinner Technology, founded in 2007, is a leading fabless design company dedicated to smart application processor SoCs and smart analog ICs. Its product line includes multi-core application processors for smart devices and smart power management ICs used by brands worldwide.
“Over the next 12 months, iENSO will continue to introduce modules to its ecosystem that will allow customers to reduce complexities tied to the integration of SoCs and peripherals into their next product,” says iENSO Vice President Engineering Mike Liwak. “We believe Allwinner’s cost-effective solutions will dramatically increase capabilities of companies offering innovative product design in NA and Europe.”
Platform Ecosystem Overview
1. The iENSO iSOM-AWV3 system on module (click to enlarge)
2. Pre-tuned MIPI Sensor Modules (click to enlarge)
3. Optional wireless connectivity modules (click to enlarge)
Established in 2003, iENSO develops custom imaging and wireless technology to help global brands take their products to the next level in the age of embedded vision systems and AI platforms. iENSO collaborates with its clients to accelerate their deployment of innovative imaging and wireless products in verticals that include IoT, home automation, autonomous vehicles, drones, professional entertainment, robotics, remote surveillance and security. With offices in Canada and China, iENSO has perfected the engineering ecosystems that exist between initial product design and high-volume manufacturing.